The Department of Hospital Administration has started functioning in Autonomous State Medical College, Etah with effect from Jun 2015. Department has been recognised by MCI to start MD (Hospital Administration) from the academic session 2017 - 2018 with permission to take 02 (two) students per year. Thus, KGMU becomes pioneer institute to start MD (Hospital Administration) in north India. It is envisaged to evolve the Department into a centre of excellence for teaching, training and research in the field of Hospital Administration and Management.
The Department is actively involved in administration of Hospitals associated to Autonomous State Medical College,
- Hospital planning and designing.
- Quality in patient care.
- Safety in patient care.
- Infection control in Hospital practices.
- Communication skills.
- Emergency code in Hospital.
- Accreditation of Hospital.
- HR management.
- Hospital related drills.
- Application of Work Study techniques in Hospital.
- Research activities in the field of healthcare management.
- Training of MD students in Hospital Administration.
- Management of Hospital services.
- Management of various centres of KGMU.
- Conducting workshops, seminars and CMEs.